Premium Perfect Mix Smoked Pork Rib Roast
Pork Rib Roasts can be found either as bone-in or deboned. For the most part I prefer to buy my boneless pork loins at Costco and butcher the roast into center cut pork chops and roasts. Since there is only the two of us these days a ten pound pork loin easily provides us with about five meals. My favorite cut from the pork loin is the rib roast end. The roast originates in the rib area of the loin and contains a bit more marbling which makes it more flavorful. The pork rib roast is the counterpart of a standing beef rib roast or a rack of lamb.
As I continue to use the cookinpellets.com Premium Perfect Mix (100% Hickory, Cherry, Hard Maple, Apple) and 100% Hickory I'm discovering just how wonderful the results are. With other wood pellets that use Alder or Oak fillers the flavor profiles tend to blend into one an other cause for the most part the 70 to 75% filler wood is what dominates the infused smoke into the meat. With these pellets you're getting the full 100% hard wood flavor(s) smoke infused into the meat, poultry, fish, etc. First chance you get you should try these pellets and judge for yourself. As I've said, you won't be disappointed!
Pork Rib Roast Prep:
- Trim any silver skin and excess fat from 2-3 lb Pork Rib Roast
- Rub roast with roasted garlic extra virgin olive oil
- Season all sides of roast with Jan's Original Dry Rub
- Wrap seasoned roast with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
Pork Rib Roast Smoking Instructions:
- Configure your wood pellet smoker-grill for indirect cooking
- Preheat your grill to 180ºF with cookinpellets.com Premium Perfect Mix hardwood pellets
- Smoke the pork rib roast for 1½ hours
- Bump the pit temperature to 375ºF
- Roast until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145ºF
- Rest the smoked pork rib roast loosely under a foil tent for 10 minutes before carving
For a great low cal meal, serve the smoked pork rib roast with a side of Cauliflower Bake and al dente steamed yellow crooked neck squash. Here is the link for my recipe for the Cauliflower Bake.