The flavor profiles from an Apple Smoked Lucille's San Francisco Mild Rotisserie Chicken on a MAK 2 Star Wood Pellet BBQ Smoker-Grill will assault your palette beyond your wildest expectations! Yes, I said "rotisserie" ... It's hard to overshadow an apple smoked chicken seasoned to perfection with Lucille's Bloody Mary Mix dry spice blend but when you couple it with a fresh Foster Farms injected rotisserie chicken, it's pure nirvana. I was fortunate enough yesterday to be the recipient of a chicken that was processed that morning at the plant and I didn't want to wait too long before tickling that yardbird with delicate Apple smoke. I want to give a special thanks to my neighbor for sharing his bounty with us - Thanks Tom, I really appreciate it.
Started with a fresh Foster Farms rotisserie chicken injected with their proprietary solution. To top it off I rubbed Under/On the skin and inside the cavity with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lucille's San Francisco Mild dry spice blend. If you prefer more of a punch then by all means substitute the Lucille's San Francisco Mild with either New Orleans Nippy or Cajun Hot.
- Preheated the MAK 2 Star Wood Pellet smoker-grill to 180ºF (smoke setting) with Pacific Pellet Gourmet Apple wood pellets
- Using a chicken roaster, Apple smoke the chicken for an hour
- Increase the pit temperature to 350ºF until the Internal Temperature at the thickest part of the breast reaches 170ºF.
- The thigh and/or drumstick should then be at 180ºF
- Rest the chicken loosely under a foil tent for 15 minutes before serving
* for planning purposes only:
- Preheat for ½ hour
- Smoke for an hour
- 1½ hours at 350ºF until Internal Temperature reaches 170ºF
- Total time ... 3 hours
- Always defer to internal temperature