Here's a great twist to your standard or ordinary Pork Chop dinner! Served with Fried Rice, Chow Mein, or Stir Fry, these deep fried, Spicy Honey Pork Chops will delight one and all! A perfect blend of flour and spices coat the chops with a flavor explosion. This, combined with a honey garlic glaze will send your taste buds into overload!
- 6 center loin pork chops; well trimmed. Bone-in or boneless. (size the chops to your preference)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
For the honey garlic glaze:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (or more if you are brave)
- Mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, ground pepper, ground ginger, nutmeg, thyme, sage, paprika, and cayenne pepper; mix in a bowl large enough for coating the chops. In a second bowl, beat the egg and evaporated milk until blended well.
- Season the chops with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper, then submerge in egg mix; then place in flour/spice mix and cover (pack) seasoning well.
- Heat a skillet on the stove with enough canola oil to cover the chops. Place coated chops into oil and fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from skillet and let them drain on a wire rack.
Make your glaze!
- In a medium saucepan, add the olive oil and minced garlic; cook until garlic is softened; but, not browned
- Add the honey, soy sauce, and black pepper
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes; remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. (Keep an eye on the simmering; because it will boil over if you are not careful)