Mac-N-Cheese; in all of its variations; has been a staple in kitchens around the world for countless years. Served as a main dish or a side, this comfort food has stood the test of time! Our twist from traditional preparation is to add a variation of cheeses and a little kick with the red pepper flakes.
What you'll need:
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 block cream cheese; cubed
- 1/2 brick Velveeta cheese; cubed
- 4 cups grated extra sharp cheddar
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 lb Bacon, cooked and chopped
In a large pot, prepare elbow macaroni per instructions on the package. Strain and return to pot. Add 2 cups shredded cheddar and the cooked/diced bacon; set aside
Cheese Sauce & Preparation
- In a medium sauce pan:
- Melt stick of butter, add flour and whisk until mixed well
- Pour in milk while stirring; bring to a simmer
- Add in crushed pepper, salt/pepper and stir thoroughly; mix in shredded parmesan cheese
- Add cubed cream and Velveeta cheeses and stir until sauce has a creamy consistency
- Pour sauce into pan containing macaroni, cheddar cheese and bacon. Mix well.
- Pour contents into a disposable pan; cover with remaining 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Place on smoke/grill at a temperature of 250-300 and leave until cheese on top is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Serve Mac-N-Cheese with your favorite side of meat!