Perfect Mix Smoked USDA Prime Tri Tip
Here's the easiest way to provide your family and friends with the most delicious smoked tri tip they'll ever have that will practically melt in your mouth. Prepare a Tri Tip by following the trimming and seasoning steps listed in my Whole Peeled USDA Prime Tri Tips post.
- One 2 to 2½ lb seasoned USDA Prime Tri Tip
- Asparagus, onion, mushrooms
- Preheat your wood pellet smoker-grill to 230ºF using cookinpellets.com Premium Perfect Mix wood pellets
- Place the seasoned Tri Tip on a teflon grill mat
- The teflon grill mat prevents the meat from sticking to the grates
- Smoke the USDA Prime Tri Tip for 2 to 2½ hours until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF
- Times a for planning purposes only ... always cook to internal temperatures
- Rest loosely under a foil tent for 10 minutes
- Slice thinly against the grain on the bias
To keep it low carb I served the tri tip with some sautéed asparagus, onions, and mushrooms. There's no carbs in the tri tip.