Hickory Smoked Mini Meatloaves - Ever since my first meatloaf in a wood pellet smoker-grill I've smoked too many of them to count. I've done two pounders, 1 pounders, and now I've added mini meatloaves to that list. Right now I'm stocking up my freezer with smoked goodies for an upcoming RV trip. Since meatloaf is my all time favorite comfort food I wanted to make sure to add it to our menu options.
You can use your favorite meatloaf recipe or better yet use mine. I guarantee you'll enjoy it.
- 1 lb of Jimmy Dean Regular Pork Sausage
- 1 lb of Hamburger (80/20 is a good mix)
- 1 small finely diced red onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup of tomato sauce
- Mix all ingredients and separate meatloaf mixture into 3 equal portions. Form each portion into a loaf shape
- Preheat your wood pellet smoker-grill to 180ºF using cookinpellets.com Premium Perfect Mix wood pellets
- After smoking the meatloaves for an hour bump the pit temperature to 350ºF
- Finish cooking the meatloaves until the internal temperature of the loaves reach 165ºF
- Rest the loaves for 15 minutes loosely under a foil tent ... Enjoy!!