Decided to use up some Apple smoked Chicken I had lurking in the freezer and test one of the new Philadelphia Cooking Creme products. Have used regular Creme Cheese in the past inside casseroles but this product has been developed especially for cooking. Found a nice easy Chicken Enchilada recipe on the back of the container.
The ingredients for the Enchiladas included the following:
- Sauté a small onion in EVOO
- 3 cups of shredded Apple smoked Chicken breasts
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes – Drained
- 1 tub (10 oz) Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme
- ½ cup Mexican Style shredded cheese
- 8 Flour Tortillas (6 inch)
- Mix onions, chicken, tomatoes, ¾ cup Cooking Creme & shredded cheese
- Spoon mixture down center of each tortilla
- Roll up. Place seam side down in 13×9 inch baking dish sprayed with PAM
- Top remaining Cooking Creme and top with shredded cheese and sliced olives
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes in 350ºF oven until warmed through
The Money $Shot$ … A couple of creamy Apple Smoked Chicken Enchiladas with an ear of corn on the cob
This was a nice change from your traditional Enchiladas. The Santa Fe Blend Philadelphia Cooking Creme had all the necessary seasonings, peppers, etc giving it a nice spicy flavor. The Cooking Creme made for an excellent rich creamy sauce.