Apricot Glazed Chicken
If you are looking for a change from traditional takeout and for something everyone will be raving about, this perfect combination of sweet and tangy; with a hint of spice; will delight all who gather around your table! Bone-in or boneless; skin on or skinless; white or dark meat, you won't go wrong with any combination; it's all up to your preference. Our family enjoys this dish with chicken thighs. We purchase them bone-in; but remove the bone prior to cooking. It is a must for these to be served with mixed vegetables and rice!
- 6 Boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 jar Apricot Preserves
- 3 Tbsp Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or chives
- Clean your chicken thighs well and remove any excess fat
- Rub the thighs with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your Pellet Grill to 350ºF using "Perfect Mix" or "Hickory wood pellets
- Grill chicken thighs for approximately 15 minutes until golden brown
In a bowl, combine BBQ Sauce, Apricot Preserves, Chicken Stock, Soy Sauce, Red Pepper Flakes, and Lemon Juice. Mix thoroughly.
Place lightly browned Chicken Thighs in a shallow cast iron pan and pour sauce over Chicken. Place pan on grill and cook until Chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 to 180.
Remove pan from grill; garnish with chopped Parsley or Chives. Serve with rice and fresh vegetables!